Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8?

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8?

 
 
SC Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010


"Agent_C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> In IE8 when you hit the F8 key, it causes the browser to go into
> full-screen mode.
>
> Any way to suppress this behavior?
>
> A_C


Depending on the version of Win7 you're running, you can disable it in Group
Policy, IINM.
--
SC Tom

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
SC Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010

"Agent_C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:12:25 -0500, Agent_C
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Thanks for the first useful response... I'm running W7 64 [Home
>>remium] - Could you
>>be a little more specific though?
>>
>>A_C


Sorry , Group Policy is not available in the Home versions.

I'm not on my Win7 PC right now, but will be later. I'll look on it and see
if there's anything else I can find that might help.
--
SC Tom

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
FiOS-Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010
You might want to try a key remapping program.
I am using one to remap the Caps Lock key so that
it does nothing. The program I am using is called
"Comfort Keys."

Dave


"SC Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_J07n.4556$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> "Agent_C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:12:25 -0500, Agent_C
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Thanks for the first useful response... I'm running W7 64 [Home
>>>emium] - Could you
>>>be a little more specific though?
>>>
>>>A_C

>
> Sorry, I got nothing. I tried a number of the suggestions I found for
> registry edits, and none worked for me. And I didn't find anything
> natively in mine (Home Premium also) that would disable F11.
> --
> SC Tom
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
SomeOldGuy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010
I have not tried this on a 64 bit OS, but there's no reason it should not
work. May have to be in admin mode though.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-022

Here's another keymapper application (free)....
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

If you use a search engine (Google, etc) to find "windows keyboard remap"
you can find tons of info on how to modify your keyboard. One thing to
consider is whether or not any other software on the machine wants/needs the
F11 key.

Good luck with it.





"Agent_C" wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:03:36 -0500, "SC Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Depending on the version of Win7 you're running, you can disable it in Group
> >Policy, IINM.

>
> Thanks for the first useful response... I'm running W7 64 - Could you
> be a little more specific though?
>
> A_C
> .
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
SomeOldGuy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-24-2010

Maybe a better one?
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/01/02/remap-keyboard/





"Agent_C" wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:03:36 -0500, "SC Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Depending on the version of Win7 you're running, you can disable it in Group
> >Policy, IINM.

>
> Thanks for the first useful response... I'm running W7 64 - Could you
> be a little more specific though?
>
> A_C
> .
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8? Alias Windows 64bit 6 01-24-2010 11:40 PM
Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8? Tom Windows 64bit 0 01-24-2010 01:47 PM
How do you disable or suppress the '?' interactive help function John Chajecki Cisco 2 12-17-2005 03:32 PM
How to suppress headers when forwarding with TB David G. Imber Firefox 3 10-17-2005 08:51 PM
write a function such that when ever i call this function in some other function .it should give me tha data type and value of calling function parameter komal C++ 6 01-25-2005 11:13 AM



Advertisments