Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How to broadcast dynamic IP

How to broadcast dynamic IP

Bryan

Is it possible to broadcast the change to a dynamic IP without the computer
turned on, but using the adsl router and or NAS device that is attatched.

Peter Huebner

In article <hjgrqd$1ep$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Is it possible to broadcast the change to a dynamic IP without the computer
> turned on, but using the adsl router and or NAS device that is attatched.

My usr router/hub has dyndns functionality. I haven't looked into it
deeply, but the device admin interface has a tab for it. I think my 3com
router had it also, but I wouldn't swear to that.

-P.

Bryan

> Bryan wrote:
>> Is it possible to broadcast the change to a dynamic IP without the
>> computer turned on, but using the adsl router and or NAS device that
>> is attatched.

> Yes there are routers with firmware that supports dyndns.org or
> no-ip.com accounts.
> Like this
> http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/dlink-...-dns-s/128.htm

Thanks. That link helped. All setup and working.

victor