Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Very Dangerous post

Re: Very Dangerous post

Mike Easter

Jim Watt wrote:
> Mike Easter
>
>> Are you suggesting that you think that the msnews filter would filter
>> your post and this one of mine?

> Its a tactic to reduce spam to filter out messages posted to
> a number of groups.

The statement of mine that you are citing was specifically about
filtering out a message because its *body* contained the string
alt.windows7.general, not anything about crossposting to more than one
group.

That difference, body string vs Newsgroups content was emphasized and
distinguished at some length in a subsequent exchange between DHL and I
just after the message you cite.

Neither DHL's nor my message were crossposted to any other groups.

> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Your sig delimiter is missing its required trailing space. It should be
dash dash space.

--
Mike Easter