Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Chopped sound when listening via Bluetooth!

Chopped sound when listening via Bluetooth!

Michael Moser

I am trying to configure my Windows 7 system such that I can properly listen
to music using my Bluetooth headphones.

Alas, while the basic connection and configuration are working OK, the audio
experience is horrible! Pretty exactly every 2.5 seconds the sound stops for
about 1/2 second. I am suspecting some process with priority higher than the
Bluetooth audio SW to run regularly and thus - blocking the BT SW - to cause
these pauses. Between the pauses the sound is OK and crystal clear.
Listening via the cable audio output is also OK, so it must be the Bluetooth
channel causing this.

I am pretty sure, that it is no external disturbance. For test purposes I
disabled my Wi-Fi network and all other sources I could come with that might
emit RF (mobile phone etc.) but without any influence on these constant
hickups.

I also tried with TaskManager as well as with TaskInfo - a utility showing
running processes and their CPU utilization (among many other data) - to
locate any process, that is repeatedly running trying to identify the
reason, but without luck so far! Any idea, what standard Windows 7 process
could be causing this or how to find the culprit?

It's such a pain to listen to!

Michael