Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now paid

Re: Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now paid

Storm

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Another Micoshfat

Mico?? Mico what?

>Wherever you turn, Linux is now a highly paid profession

Linux is an operating system with different "flavours" and distros,
and is not a "profession"

>Linux has turned from hobby to strict businesses

What's a "strict businesses"?

An image of paid for ladies with whips and long boots springs to mind
Something you're not telling us here?

>The joke is on micoshaft to produce cheaper products than Linux

But mostly Linux is free, supported by the community so how can you
produce a cheaper product? PAy someone to use it perhaps?

Rest of the post was a bit of a random rant, so snipped.

Just my thoughts, I'd be interested in your considered views.

Ezekiel

"Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> What's a "strict businesses"?

Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like chrsiv,
7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.

( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)

Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
under the control of corporate America.

Moshe Goldfarb

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> What's a "strict businesses"?

> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like chrsiv,
> 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>
> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>
> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
> under the control of corporate America.

The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
control the kernel.

IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.

Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Kreplach Productions

Ezekiel

"Moshe Goldfarb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i4tmv1l6cai0$.15r7yx2hit8ep$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>> What's a "strict businesses"?

>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
>> chrsiv,
>> 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>>
>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>>
>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
>> under the control of corporate America.

> The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
> control the kernel.
>
> IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.
>

> Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

Just reminded me of a friend, former colleague and fellow JETS fan who left
to take a job with IBM. He was happy where he was but had a long commute.
With IBM he's be working in the same town where he lives and the benefits
were pretty good. After about 8-10 months later left IBM and went to work
somewhere else.

He couldn't stand it and his description of IBM cracks me up. He said
something like - "IBM is for people who are too smart to work for the
government but not smart enough to work for a technology company."

Ezekiel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>> What's a "strict businesses"?

>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
>> chrsiv, 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>>
>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>>
>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
>> under the control of corporate America.

> Which "true Linux Kernel" would that be?

How many different Linux kernels exist today?

And before you make a complete idiot of yourself - "version numbers" (ie -
different releases of the *same* kernel) don't count as "different kernels."

Moshe Goldfarb

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:36:25 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Moshe Goldfarb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:i4tmv1l6cai0$.15r7yx2hit8ep$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> "Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
>>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
>>> chrsiv,
>>> 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>>>
>>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>>>
>>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
>>> under the control of corporate America.

>> The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
>> control the kernel.
>>
>> IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.
>>

>> Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

> Just reminded me of a friend, former colleague and fellow JETS fan who left
> to take a job with IBM. He was happy where he was but had a long commute.
> With IBM he's be working in the same town where he lives and the benefits
> were pretty good. After about 8-10 months later left IBM and went to work
> somewhere else.
>
> He couldn't stand it and his description of IBM cracks me up. He said
> something like - "IBM is for people who are too smart to work for the
> government but not smart enough to work for a technology company."

That's about it.
I worked for them for a couple of years in the late 70's and the
moron count was astronomical.

It's like civil service with none of the benefits.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Kreplach Productions

Snit

Rick stated in post http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) on
1/21/10 9:36 PM:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Storm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>> What's a "strict businesses"?

>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
>> chrsiv, 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
>>
>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
>>
>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
>> under the control of corporate America.

> Which "true Linux Kernel" would that be?

How many different Linux kernels are there?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]