Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Woeful LAN Performance under Win 7

Woeful LAN Performance under Win 7

Tom Lake

> My Windows 7 machine has a preloaded copy of Norton Antivirus. (I'll be
> switching to Avast fairly soon.) Disabling NAV doesn't help, either.

Disabling it won't help. You have to uninstall it or it still gets in the
way.

Tom Lake

Bobby Johnson

And uninstalling NAV will not clean everything off your computer. I
discovered this a few years ago when I kept having certain problems
after I uninstalled NAV. I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall
Windows to get rid of the NAV virus!