Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux Competition Grows

Linux Competition Grows

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

“Commercial Linux” no longer means just Red Hat any more
<http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/01/20/red_hat_pressure/>. Oracle’s
ripoff “Unbreakable Linux” was a failure (at about 1% the installations of
RHEL), but other competitors are doing much better.

Enkidu

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> “Commercial Linux” no longer means just Red Hat any more
> <http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/01/20/red_hat_pressure/>.
> Oracle’s ripoff “Unbreakable Linux” was a failure (at about 1% the
> installations of RHEL), but other competitors are doing much better.

All that I got out of Oracle's Linux was a limited time trial and SPAM
which continues to this day. SuSE? Don't make me laugh.

Cheers,

Cliff