Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Share data across web applications?

Share data across web applications?

Jason Barnett

I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this
possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it?

I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to
another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm
using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0).

Mr. Arnold

Jason Barnett wrote:
> I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this
> possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it?
>
> I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to
> another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm
> using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0).

You would use a ASP.NET WCF Web service or a ASP.NET Legacy Web service
to pass an XML serialized object of data between the two applications on
the same Web site.

The applications would consume a Web service and pass the object.