Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: What's the best way to use Skype ?

Re: What's the best way to use Skype ?

Graham.

"Stephen Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:7dF5n.44260$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> Everyone else seems to use it. Can I use it like a normal phone with a local number without my computer turned on etc.

Yes, I believe there are adapters availible that work like a SIP ATA,
but the best way to use Skype is with a 3 Skypephone S2 PAYG mobile, as the 3 network
are kind enough to allow unlimeted Skype to Skype calls even if you don't top-up.

If you want to make calls to non-Skype phones (landlines and mobiles) still without
topping up the 3 account have a look at these notes I put together last September.
www.skypegateway.webs.com

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%