Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > File write access on server

File write access on server

Lloyd Sheen

I found a sample of uploading a file to the server. This works fine. I
just created a virtual directory placed the aspx file in it and navigated to
the directory. No problem there.

Then to make it "better" I created a new application and copied the code and
HTML to a new web app. When I run exactly the same code I get a message ::

Upload of File KazaAmy.jpg to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles failed for the
following reason: Access to the path
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles\KazaAmy.jpg" is denied.

The original is not compiled and I have compared the properties of both web
folders and the only difference is that the application has "Application
Settings"

Any ideas??

Lloyd Sheen

Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]

Try to check the IIS authentication settings and check <authentication> and
<identity> sections of the web.config file for both virtual sites .

HtH,
Andrea

"Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WIRPb.90060$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> I found a sample of uploading a file to the server. This works fine. I
> just created a virtual directory placed the aspx file in it and navigated

> the directory. No problem there.
>
> Then to make it "better" I created a new application and copied the code

and
> HTML to a new web app. When I run exactly the same code I get a message

::

> Upload of File KazaAmy.jpg to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles failed for

the
> following reason: Access to the path
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\UploadFiles\KazaAmy.jpg" is denied.
>
> The original is not compiled and I have compared the properties of both

web
> folders and the only difference is that the application has "Application
> Settings"
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen

Thanks that was it.

Lloyd Sheen

"Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try to check the IIS authentication settings and check <authentication>

and
> <identity> sections of the web.config file for both virtual sites .
>
> HtH,
> Andrea

rights.