Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to fire a button click event programatically

How to fire a button click event programatically

01-19-2010
Hi ,

Iam new to VB.Net and iam facing some problems when calling a Button click event from code.

My code consists of an aspx page and a ascx user control . The User control contains a button and a click event is defined for it in the same. Now my requirement is to call the button click event from the aspx page which contains that ascx control.

Since the button is not present in the aspx page directly iam not able to invoke it directly.

please help me in finding the solution

Thanks in advance

Sripathi

01-28-2010
Did you make the user control yourself or is it a third party user control?

01-28-2010
This code is in a user control I made

Code:
Protected Sub ButtonOnUserControl_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonOnUserControl.Click
		TheCodeToFire()
	End Sub

Public Sub TheCodeToFire()

Label1.Text = "Clicked"

End Sub
This code is in a page that contains the user control

Code:
	Protected Sub ButtonOnWebForm_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonOnWebForm.Click

Me.WBUC1.TheCodeToFire()

End Sub
This is the aspx code that defines the user control in the page

in the directives
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc" TagName="WebUserControl1"
Src="WebUserControl1.ascx" %>

in the form tag

<uc:WebUserControl1 id="WBUC1"
runat="server" />