Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > linux.conf.au in Wellington

linux.conf.au in Wellington

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

<http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/4D3BFC61467BB90CCC2576AE00686D92>

I see Don Christie will be reporting on a trial of open-source desktop
software that was launched with government agencies after the negotiations
with Microsoft fell through.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Live feeds available <http://lwn.net/Articles/370382/>.

victor

geoff wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> <http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/4D3BFC61467BB90CCC2576AE00686D92>
>>
>> I see Don Christie will be reporting on a trial of open-source desktop
>> software that was launched with government agencies after the
>> negotiations with Microsoft fell through.

> Great, open source. That will enhance security hugely.
>
> geoff

Do you seriously not know how cryptography works ?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hj6r3p$rg6$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, victor wrote:

> Do you seriously not know how cryptography works ?

Ignore the kiddies.

victor

geoff wrote:
> victor wrote:
>> geoff wrote:

>>> Great, open source. That will enhance security hugely.
>>>
>>> geoff
>>>

>> Do you seriously not know how cryptography works ?

> Wow - that's "open'.
>
> geoff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit...uments_against

Lawrence D'Oliveiro