Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Usenet abuse (addressed to Usenet admins)

Mike Easter

Posted to 24hshd only

ole wrote:
Newsgroups: alt.news.admin.net-abuse.checkmate, alt.news.admin.sabrina,
24hoursupport.helpdesk

That looks like zany crossposting to me. The simplest approach to
crossposting is "Don't do it." Many people will filter your message
unread because most crossposted messages are either from trolls or
confused newbies.

<follows a wordy par about "I'm going to whine now.">

> I am getting viruses from the same ISP address (82.204.219.180),

Defend yourself. There are viruses being emailed. Some providers may
stop them from being sent; many/most receiving mail providers may
filter them before you get them. If virus propagations are getting all
the way to your mailbox, maybe you don't have a mail provider that knows
how to filter for you, in which case you need to filter for yourself and
think about getting a better mail provider.

Maybe you don't know how to determine the source of a mail. The IP
82.204.219.180 rDNS mail.pochta.ru is a mailserver - it might be
serving virus output from a user source machine. That mailserver isn't
on blocklists and doesn't have a senderbase record/history of much output.

<follows another wordy par about some people who are being paid to help>

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Ivan wrote:
> "Mike Easter"
>> ole wrote:

>>> I am getting viruses from the same ISP address (82.204.219.180),

> Bruno HRUST.
> wrote somewhere: let them laugh at you, then they will be happy and do
> themselves in the state of happiness.

Wait just a minute! You are nym-shifting all over the place around here
- which I was just 'ignoring' because I haven't been trying to kf you;
but now you are not only nym-shifting, but you are actually trying to
*pretend* that all of these nyms aren't the same person?!

Are you nuts?!

--
Mike Easter

VanguardLH

Ivan wrote:

> At least, I would say, ...

But YOU don't say anything because one moment your one name, then the next
you are another, and you keep changing your identity which means you don't
have one.

So just how many nyms to you hide under? Oh yes, a continual nymshifting
troll who spams their disorganized web site and who is a Usenet wannabe that
hasn't a clue just what *is* Usenet.

VanguardLH

Mike Easter wrote:

> Ivan (aka ole aka Billabong) wrote:
>
>> "Mike Easter"
>>
>>> ole (aka Ivan aka Billabong) wrote:

> Wait just a minute! You are nym-shifting all over the place around here

You should see his rambling unintelligible posts where he tries to defend
his continual spamming of his garbage web site (and often tries hiding
behind a redirection URL which does NOT shorten his site's URL).

Some of his nyms (so far known):
ole
Ivan
Billabong

He looks to be new to Usenet (apparently because he found that he could spam
his site here). Given more time he will be posting under even more nyms.

hank3@-0432-49.com

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:07:33 -0800, Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ivan wrote:

>> Bruno HRUST.
>> wrote somewhere: let them laugh at you, then they will be happy and do
>> themselves in the state of happiness.

>Wait just a minute! You are nym-shifting all over the place around here
>- which I was just 'ignoring' because I haven't been trying to kf you;
>but now you are not only nym-shifting, but you are actually trying to
>*pretend* that all of these nyms aren't the same person?!
>
>Are you nuts?!

You should have realized that from the very start when you read his
initial post. :O)

VanguardLH

Ivan wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> You should see his rambling unintelligible posts ...

> But, all the same, he might be one nice day start to publish things under
> His holy name; and all or at least some of the mob here will be only be able
> to watch ...

See Mike. A perfect example of how he tries to write. About the same as
what you'd expect from a stoner.