Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Defrager

Defrager

Mr Pounder

I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has an optimiser.

Does anybody know which is the better application?

Mr Pounder

thanatoid

"Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:fJj4n.27100$(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
> It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
> an optimiser.
>
> Does anybody know which is the better application?
>
> Mr Pounder

Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
defragger was ****.

Does that help?

--
There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
and those that will break later.

Mr Pounder

"thanatoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Mr Pounder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:fJj4n.27100$(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
>> I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
>> It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
>> an optimiser.
>>
>> Does anybody know which is the better application?
>>
>> Mr Pounder

> Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
> opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
> defragger was ****.
>
> Does that help?

I don't think my question was strange at all.
I could have got many replies here saying that Auslogics was **** and XP was
better.
I use Auslogics for the same reasons that you do and yes, your reply was
helpful.

Mr Pounder

> --
> There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
> and those that will break later.
> - Chuck Armstrong (This one I think, http://www.cleanreg.com/,
> not the ball player. But who knows. I can't remember where I got
> the quote. But it's true.)

Mr Pounder

"Van Chocstraw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> thanatoid wrote:
>> "Mr Pounder"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:fJj4n.27100$(E-Mail Removed) om:
>>
>>> I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite a while.
>>> It seems to be okay and is faster than the XP one. Also has
>>> an optimiser.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know which is the better application?
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder

>> Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
>> opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
>> defragger was ****.
>>
>> Does that help?
>>

> Defragging is bullshit now a days.

That is bullshit.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder

"Manatee Memories" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:si96l5hd036eq4o1ri7ceip5p80br3latp@192.168.10 0.2...
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:56:03 -0500, Van Chocstraw
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, by way of
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, in
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
>
>>thanatoid wrote:
>>> "Mr Pounder"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:fJj4n.27100$(E-Mail Removed) om:

>>> Very strange question. Nobody *KNOWS* anything. It's all
>>> opinions and bullshit. I use Auslogics because I thought the XP
>>> defragger was ****.
>>>
>>> Does that help?
>>>

>>Defragging is bullshit now a days.

> Nope. Every little bit helps, and a decent defrag prog will provide that
> "'little' bit".

Yes.

> Now finding a decent defrag proggy is the rub. I've had, and dumped,
> "Diskeeper.2009.Pro.Premier.x32.v13.0.385" most recently (to great a
> draw/drag on sys-memory), & replaced it with "JkDefrag" (3.36). Works
> great. Sometimes, newer is not neccessary better.

I dumped JkDefrag in favour of Auslogics.

Mr Pounder

thanatoid

Van Chocstraw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

<SNIP>

> Defragging is bullshit now a days.

Kind of like your spelling skills, huh?

--
There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
and those that will break later.
- Chuck Armstrong (This one I think, http://www.cleanreg.com/,
not the ball player. But who knows. I can't remember where I got
the quote. But it's true.)

thanatoid

Manatee Memories <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:si96l5hd036eq4o1ri7ceip5p80br3latp@192.168.10 0.2:

Re:
Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in
the halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever!

I'm looking for C. L. Le Massena's "modernised" version of "Ring
of the N.", published in 1930. It's in 16 libraries around the
world and nowhere else to be found. On one chance in a million,
would you have it or know of a copy's whereabouts?