Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft Database Access drivers (*.mdb) & XP x64

Microsoft Database Access drivers (*.mdb) & XP x64

johnsuth@nospam.com.au

When installing a new application it gave an explicit error message (system
error 126) saying that Microsoft Access drivers failed to load. The application
opened anyway but the functionality related to those drivers did not work.

I searched the drive for *.mdb files and found that apart from two Windows IAS
(which I don't use anyway) drivers, all the other .mdb files related to
functionality which fails in another of my applications.

What is it about .mdb files in my installation of Win XP x64?

As this box is not connected to the internet it is not running any of the usual
suspects.