Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > acer aspire 7735Z wireless

acer aspire 7735Z wireless

David Wells

If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2

JD

On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
> If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
> wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
> can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
> to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
> wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2

if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was an
official standard companies were making there own version of it.

so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter is
in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site and
look for a driver update that might solve the problem.

JD

David Wells

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:33:26 +0000, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
>> If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
>> wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
>> can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the router
>> to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
>> wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2
>>

>if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was an
>official standard companies were making there own version of it.
>
>so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
>wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter is
>in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site and
>look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
>
>JD

Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.

Baron

David Wells Inscribed thus:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:33:26 +0000, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 15/01/2010 11:37 PM, David Wells wrote:
>>> If any one else has this model have you been able to get it to do
>>> wireless n connection. I have a cisco linksys wireless router and I
>>> can only connect my lap top in the 802.11 g mode. If i set the
>>> router
>>> to n only my acer laptop will not connect. It says it supports
>>> wireless N draft my router say it does wireless N version 2
>>>

>>if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was
>>an official standard companies were making there own version of it.
>>
>>so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
>>wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter
>>is in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site
>>and look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
>>
>>JD

> Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
> driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
> downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
> still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
> Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
> seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
> there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
> not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.

Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

David Wells

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Wells Inscribed thus:

>>>if I remember correctly the N draft was a bit of a mess before it was
>>>an official standard companies were making there own version of it.
>>>
>>>so its possible if your devices are from different manufacturers they
>>>wont work properly together, find out what make your wireless adapter
>>>is in your laptop (device manager) and go to the manufacturers site
>>>and look for a driver update that might solve the problem.
>>>
>>>JD

>> Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
>> driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
>> downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
>> still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My acer
>> Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g for now
>> seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and they said
>> there techinicans were not experts in this field of wireless and could
>> not help. What a joke find more help in the news groups.

>Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
>with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

Baron

David Wells Inscribed thus:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

>>> Thanks. Yes when to the acer web site and down loaded the latest
>>> driver for the wireless card that is in the unit and no help. Also
>>> downloaded the latest firm ware update for my cisco Linksys router
>>> still no joy. The router info say it is wireless N version 2. My
>>> acer Laptop says N draft so will just have to stick with 802.11 g
>>> for now seems very fast any way. I sent a e-mail to acer support and
>>> they said there techinicans were not experts in this field of
>>> wireless and could not help. What a joke find more help in the news
>>> groups.

>>Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
>>with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

> Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
> plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
> that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
It would be interesting !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

David Wells

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:46:31 +0000, Baron
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Wells Inscribed thus:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:29:52 +0000, Baron
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

>>>Basically the 7735Z does not support "N" You might have better luck
>>>with the manufacturer of the wireless card fitted in the machine.

>> Yes have sent a e-mail to them re the wireless board. If it is just a
>> plug in board it might be easy to replace it with a model from them
>> that would work, Have to wait see what they say.

>Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
>It would be interesting !

If I hear back from them will let you know
david

Baron

David Wells Inscribed thus:

Thanks:
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

David Wells

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:19:30 +0000, Baron
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Wells Inscribed thus:
>
>> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:46:31 +0000, Baron
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

>>>Yes, I think it is a standard card format.
>>>It would be interesting !

>> If I hear back from them will let you know
>> david

>Thanks:

Well I did hear back from Areos wireless and they said they could not
offer support as they just were the manufacture of the chips and slod
them to people like Acer. They advised me to contact Acer. As stated
in my poost I did that first and got the BS back about there
Techinical support could not help me in this matter. So it appears I
am just going to have live with 802.11 G with this lap top,

Thank you all

baron

David Wells Inscribed thus:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:19:30 +0000, Baron
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>David Wells Inscribed thus:

>>> If I hear back from them will let you know
>>> david

>>Thanks:

> Well I did hear back from Areos wireless and they said they could not
> offer support as they just were the manufacture of the chips and slod
> them to people like Acer. They advised me to contact Acer. As stated
> in my poost I did that first and got the BS back about there
> Techinical support could not help me in this matter. So it appears I
> am just going to have live with 802.11 G with this lap top,
>
> Thank you all

Hi David,

What a copout !
I did find a mention with respect to "N" about a requirement for
multiple antenna, though nothing definite with respect to what the
requirement specified.

It seems that "N" at the moment is at the whim of the particular
manufacturer, at least until the standard is fully ratified.

Thanks for the feedback ! It confirms my conclusion that what is said
on the box cant always be trusted.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.