Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Problem using problem reporting

Problem using problem reporting

Kue2

I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine.
It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error
reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times,
same results each day.
Any clue as to what might be wrong?
Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three:
1.) Third party firewall
2.) Horked DNS
3.) Serious infection.

Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine.
> It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error
> reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times,
> same results each day.
> Any clue as to what might be wrong?
> Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix
> I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Kue2

Using windows Firewall
Have AVG Runnig & also scan with Malwarebytes every so often
No viruses or infections reported.
What is Horked DSN & how do I fix it?

thks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three:
> 1.) Third party firewall
> 2.) Horked DNS
> 3.) Serious infection.
>
> Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine.
>> It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error
>> reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many
>> times, same results each day.
>> Any clue as to what might be wrong?
>> Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix
>> I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Carlos

Some English language aid!!!
horked = http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=horked