Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > trouble applying SP2 to windows 2008

trouble applying SP2 to windows 2008

GS

the error is
WindowsUpdate_80072EFD
WindowsUpdate_dt000

tried restarting the computer and update

GS

(sorry, should have posted server general earlier instead of windows 64 bit)
I have trouble applying the SP2 to windows 2008 64 bit standards with hyperV
role enabled.
the error is
WindowsUpdate_80072EFD
WindowsUpdate_dt000

clicking on teh more info, I got nothing useful
tried restarting the computer and update
Tried loooking for SP2 for windows 2008 from microsoft's download but failed
to find it.

what can I do?

Charlie Russel - MVP

1.) Shutdown (not pause) any active VMs.
2.) Kill any snapshots

Try again. If still failing, post in windowsupdate NG.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"GS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OS0p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (sorry, should have posted server general earlier instead of windows 64
> bit)
> I have trouble applying the SP2 to windows 2008 64 bit standards with
> hyperV
> role enabled.
> the error is
> WindowsUpdate_80072EFD
> WindowsUpdate_dt000
>
> clicking on teh more info, I got nothing useful
> tried restarting the computer and update
> Tried loooking for SP2 for windows 2008 from microsoft's download but
> failed
> to find it.
>

> what can I do?

Phillip Windell

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1.) Shutdown (not pause) any active VMs.
> 2.) Kill any snapshots
>
> Try again. If still failing, post in windowsupdate NG.

What if the snapshots are important and need to be kept?,...does that mean
it becomes impossible to apply an SP to 2008?

--
Phillip Windell

Charlie Russel - MVP

As long as all VMs are shutdown, it should be possible to apply. That being
said, I prefer a non-snapshot state for any major upgrade.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Phillip Windell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 1.) Shutdown (not pause) any active VMs.
>> 2.) Kill any snapshots
>>
>> Try again. If still failing, post in windowsupdate NG.

> What if the snapshots are important and need to be kept?,...does that mean
> it becomes impossible to apply an SP to 2008?
>
> --
> Phillip Windell
>
> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
> Microsoft,

Peter Foldes

GS

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

and most likely have read also -

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware
program, web accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy
server is interfering with the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing
the Internet.

Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
http://*.update.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to
the Internet through port 80 and port 443.

You may need to refer to the individual programs documentation for further
instructions.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD
error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

--
Peter

"GS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OS0p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (sorry, should have posted server general earlier instead of windows 64 bit)
> I have trouble applying the SP2 to windows 2008 64 bit standards with hyperV
> role enabled.
> the error is
> WindowsUpdate_80072EFD
> WindowsUpdate_dt000
>
> clicking on teh more info, I got nothing useful
> tried restarting the computer and update
> Tried loooking for SP2 for windows 2008 from microsoft's download but failed
> to find it.
>

> what can I do?

GS

thx all. I finally got it installed after being offered another 2 important
update today

news:en%(E-Mail Removed)...