Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: About Warner "Archive DVDs"

Re: About Warner "Archive DVDs"

Stacia

On Jan 10, 12:06*pm, weary flake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Haven't watched the Sea Hawk (1924) yet, but have seen the
> chefs movie, which is a funny "foodie" movie, and I don't recall
> problems with the video quality, despite what some of the amazon
> reviewers say. *

I got "Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe" for Christmas (from
deepdiscountdvd, not Amazon) and the print this was made from was
pretty nice. When I saw the movie on cable back in the early 90s, it
was a much more washed-out print shown. And pan 'n' scan too, if I
recall. The Amazon reviewers are probably spoiled.
But there are reports that some of the films are poor digital
copies, so the quality overall for all the titles isn't what it should
be.

Stacia