Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Windows Authentication in IIS7 works in FireFox but not in IE7/8

Windows Authentication in IIS7 works in FireFox but not in IE7/8

APA

I only recently have not been able to get my application to work in IIS7 using windows authentication mode. NOt sure
why it changed, probably some service pack that was supposed to fix something. Anyway I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 and
my workstation is on a domain. I have a (ASP.NET) web application using Windows Authentication mode and it keeps
returning the 401.1 - Unauthorized error. I've read articles indicating that Kerberos is not working and to use NTLM
authentication. OK, how do I do that? I saw where there is a utility called SETSPN but can't find one for Vista.
Anyone know where to get it? I don't know if the one for Win2003 server will work and I don't want to make things worse
if it isn't compatible with Vista.

TIA.