Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hyperlink to open popup window?

Hyperlink to open popup window?

Olav Tollefsen

I have an <asp:Hyperlink> in my .aspx file.

How can I configure it to open the URL (NavigateURL) in a popup window
instead of a new normal browser window. I use Target="_blank", but didn't
find other values to specify a popup window.

Olav

Kevin Spencer

One way is to use the target as you mentioned. You can also open a new
window using the JavaScript window.open() method, which gives you more
control over the properties of the window. If you want a hyperlink to
activate the JavaScript, you would use a URL as follows:

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Olav Tollefsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uboVE#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an <asp:Hyperlink> in my .aspx file.
>
> How can I configure it to open the URL (NavigateURL) in a popup window
> instead of a new normal browser window. I use Target="_blank", but didn't
> find other values to specify a popup window.
>
> Olav

Olav Tollefsen

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One way is to use the target as you mentioned. You can also open a new
> window using the JavaScript window.open() method, which gives you more
> control over the properties of the window. If you want a hyperlink to
> activate the JavaScript, you would use a URL as follows:

But, how do I get rid of the toolbar and address field stuff. I only want a
basic browser window to display some content.

Olav

Kevin Spencer

> But, how do I get rid of the toolbar and address field stuff. I only want
> basic browser window to display some content.

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ods/open_0.asp

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer
Microsoft MVP
Big things are made up
of lots of little things.

"Olav Tollefsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > One way is to use the target as you mentioned. You can also open a new
> > window using the JavaScript window.open() method, which gives you more
> > control over the properties of the window. If you want a hyperlink to
> > activate the JavaScript, you would use a URL as follows:

Text</a>

> But, how do I get rid of the toolbar and address field stuff. I only want

> basic browser window to display some content.
>
> Olav

Olav Tollefsen

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > But, how do I get rid of the toolbar and address field stuff. I only

want
> > basic browser window to display some content.

> See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ods/open_0.asp

Thanks, do you have a hint to get the syntax correct when using it with a
DataSet:

<asp:HyperLink id=Hyperlink3 ForeColor="#555BAE"
NavigateUrl="javascript:window.open('<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
"PhotoId", "DisplayPhoto.aspx?PhotoId={0}") %>')"
Runat="server'>L3_5</asp:HyperLink>

I get an error message "The server tag is not well formed".

How do I get the quotes right?

Olav