Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MS Office 2010 Beta?

MS Office 2010 Beta?

Jim

What exactly is a beta product?

Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?

http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx

What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Jim Post:
> What exactly is a beta product?
>
> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

100 mullion people are using this:
http://www.openoffice.org/
Try it you'll like it.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Jim Post:
> What exactly is a beta product?
>
> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

100 mullion people are using this:
http://www.openoffice.org/
Try it you'll like it.
PS: Beta means it's in its experimental stages. Microsoft has never
perfected anything they have ever sold. Weather it be an Operating
System or a software application.
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Desk Rabbit

See here: http://tinyurl.com/yc9gwo8

> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Yes

> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

It will only work for a limited period of time.
Yes it is a fully working copy

chuckcar

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ElG2n.119586$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> What exactly is a beta product?
>
> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

By definition, a Beta copy is a state of development where the program
shouldn't crash or cause blue screen errors in Windows, but some
features will not work as they're supposed to. However the term is used
far more than Alpha, which *is* a version that will cause the above, so
either would be prudent to expect. It is *not* a fully working version.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Tony

It means they (Microshit) baits (beta, ah they bait you) you then the
whole things ****s up on you and you end formatting your hard drive
because it comes with no uninstaller.

Jim wrote:

> What exactly is a beta product?
>
> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

beyond the realm of understandability

Tony

You should know about beta software, you download all that freeware ****
and you're always on that alt.free.newsservers newsgroup. Why you're
nothing but a human lab rat born as a test-tube baby. You're nothing but an
experiment in human stupidity.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

beyond the realm of understandability

VanguardLH

Jim wrote:

> What exactly is a beta product?
>
> Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
>
> http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle

Microsoft Office 2010 forums
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ory/office2010