Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: What resolution should I scan photos at?

Re: What resolution should I scan photos at?

Surfer!

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>What resolution should I scan 6x4" photos at? And what other settings
>should I use for best results?
>
>I have a flatbed scanner - the Canon Canoscan 8800F.

Depends what you want to do with the scans. Print them? Email them?
Put them on a web page? Something else?

300dpi is good for printing, cannot comment on the other settings as I
don't have a Canon scanner so have no idea what options it's driver
provides.

--
Surfer!