Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview aerial question

Freeview aerial question

E. Scrooge

"Mary Hanna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:54:05 +1300, Apteryx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Nick Rennie wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal
>>> TV
>>> signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
>>> could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just
>>> tuned in
>>> to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Nick

>>It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
>>an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
>>give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.
>>
>>I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
>>TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
>>Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.
>>
>>Apteryx

> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
>
> Do not use them..

Bugs Bunny doesn't have a problem with them Doc.

E. Scrooge

Enkidu

E. Scrooge wrote:

> "Mary Hanna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
>>> an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
>>> give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.
>>>
>>> I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
>>> TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
>>> Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.
>>>
>>> Apteryx

>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total
>> Joke..
>>
>> Do not use them..

> Bugs Bunny doesn't have a problem with them Doc.

Been on holiday, Eb?

Cheers,

Cliff

hellicopter

A _L_ P wrote:

> Mary Hanna wrote:

>>> Sorry. I'll stop using my UHF aerial for them now if it offends you that
>>> much...
>>>
>>> Apteryx

>> Seems to me you have know knowledge about TV at all.
>>

> Yes butt he get's TV repection and he can spel.
>
> A L P

In my area I thought the rabbit ear aerial won't pickup the freeview
because its horizontal instead of vertically aligned.
I could be wrong, but they use over lapping transmittors.

So its quite possible if you get sky you won't get freeview,
even though you have the right aerial on the roof.

E. Scrooge

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> E. Scrooge wrote:
>>
>> "Mary Hanna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total
>>> Joke..
>>>
>>> Do not use them..

>> Bugs Bunny doesn't have a problem with them Doc.
>>

> Been on holiday, Eb?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Busy catching up on things thanks, Cliff.

E. Scrooge