Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview aerial question

Freeview aerial question

Gordon

On 2010-01-11, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:46:36 +1300, "Nick Rennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
>>signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
>>could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
>>to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Nick
>>

> Freeview Teresteral is UHF, and I don't think that any TV1.2.3 channels use
> it..

Wrong. Freeview is 12 channels on eithier via the saterllite or the
terrestial areial.

Try not confuse the goods, with the method of them being transported.

Gordon

On 2010-01-11, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mary Hanna wrote:
>
>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
>>
>> Do not use them..

> Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
> make it indoors very well.
>
> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

Richard

Gordon wrote:

>> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
>> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

> This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have something
installed and cabled to the TV.

I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

victor

Gordon wrote:
> On 2010-01-11, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Mary Hanna wrote:
>>
>>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
>>>
>>> Do not use them..

>> Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
>> make it indoors very well.
>>
>> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
>> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

> This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

Although not everyone has a clear path to the satellite bearing and
elevation.

Mary Hanna

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:47:00 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mary Hanna wrote:
>
>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
>>
>> Do not use them..

>Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
>make it indoors very well.
>
>Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
>clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

If you know some thing about TV then you would not send such a stupid reply..

Mary Hanna

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:51:34 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gordon wrote:
>

>>> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
>>> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

>> This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

>Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have something
>installed and cabled to the TV.
>
>I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
>have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

And what about the set top box..?

I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

Richard

Mary Hanna wrote:

>> I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
>> have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

> And what about the set top box..?

There are no available tvs with a satillite reciver in them, so anyone
wanting to recieve that has to have a settop in anycase.

> I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

samsung LA22B450 is a 22" with it in it. THere are plenty of tiny ones
with the older mpeg2 dvb-t recievers in them, as h264 playback off
memory devices is becoming more expected I would say that well before
analog switch off there will be tiny 15" or so ones that have the needed
tuner in them.

Not seen any yet with diversity reception in them which is a shame. Only
seen a handful of car tuners that were mpeg2 only that do it.

Mary Hanna

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:17:15 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mary Hanna wrote:

>>> Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have
>>> something installed and cabled to the TV.
>>>
>>> I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power
>>> and have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

>> And what about the set top box..?
>>
>> I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

>What about many laptop PCs now ?
>
>geoff

Laptop PC's don't have Freeview

Nick Rennie

"Nick Rennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hidlcc$dg8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal
> TV signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
> could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned
> in to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

Thanks guys!

Nick

Richard

Mary Hanna wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:17:15 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What about many laptop PCs now ?
>>
>> geoff

> Laptop PC's don't have Freeview

Correct, as they are not certified, but there are many available with
dvb-t tuners in them.