Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rethinking mysterious roswell crash

Rethinking mysterious roswell crash

richard

Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
to light according to the Discovery Channel.
The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
which included "levitating" devices.

Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...haped_aircraft
When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
came to mind right off.

Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
fabricated?

One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

Mike Yetto

Bada bing richard <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
> disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

I think you meant "One thing is for sure, no one will ever
believe the truth disclosed by the US military long before the
thought of aliens ever entered the story."

Mike "can you say woo?" Yetto
In practice they are not.

richard

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

> Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
> to light according to the Discovery Channel.
> The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
> According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
> patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
> which included "levitating" devices.
>
> Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
> was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...haped_aircraft
> When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
> came to mind right off.
>
> Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
> occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
> fabricated?
>
> One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
> disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

Found this page as the fool tries to explain the coanda effect.
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/repcotst.htm

The only thing he did was show how suction works, poorly.
On the top of his "saucer", you see 3 little clips. To which his air supply
hose from above is attached.

Sorry dude, that ain't the effect at all.

From what they showed on the original experiment, the air pressure came
from within the craft and was pushed outwards under extreme pressure
causing the thing to lift.

richard

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

> Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
> to light according to the Discovery Channel.
> The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
> According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
> patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
> which included "levitating" devices.
>
> Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
> was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...haped_aircraft
> When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
> came to mind right off.
>
> Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
> occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
> fabricated?
>
> One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
> disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itYT...layer_embedded

Here the boys at MIT show how it's really done right.

Whiskers

On 2010-01-11, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

[...]

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itYT...layer_embedded
>
> Here the boys at MIT show how it's really done right.

I think they're showing something called 'ground effect' with that
contraption, as far as 'flying' is concerned. Needs a lot of work to get
it really flying.

This one really does fly
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVtUCABiv8&feature=player_embedded>.

The Coanda effect as such can be demonstrated using a jet of water (as
from a tap [faucet] or garden hose) and various common objects - get the
angles right and the jet will tend to follow the shape of the object. It
is exploited (or faught against) in many applications of 'fluid dymanics'.

Here's a summary of Coanda's story
<http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/Coanda.htm>.

I suspect there are efficiency and noise considerations to explain why
helicopter-like machines continue to predominate over 'flying saucers'.

--
-- Whiskers