Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: if 'also' else statment

Re: if 'also' else statment

Nobody

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:41:41 +0000, Paul wrote:

> I sometimes think it would be nice if c had an 'also' statement,
> which meant that 'if a preceeding condition was true, do this as well'.
>
> This might save some untidy work-around, or much worse, copy-
> pasting. Let me know if you have a nice neat alternative.
>
> Here's an example of reading a book on weekends, but not weekdays.
> Naturally, there could be many more things done on a weekend.
>
> P.
>
> if (Day == Saturday)
> {
> WalkInPark();
> }
> else if (Day == Sunday)
> {
> AttendChurch();
> }
> also
> {
> ReadABook();
> }
> else
> {
> GoToWork();
> }

Can you re-write that in a way which reflects how C interprets it?

I.e. starting with:

if (Day == Saturday)
{
WalkInPark();
}
else
if (Day == Sunday)
{
AttendChurch();
}

At this point, is the "also" associated with the outer "if" or the inner
"if"?

Note that C doesn't have an "else if" statement. The "else" clause can
contain any statement; this can be an "if" statement, or something else.
Even if it *is* an "if" statement, it doesn't get treated any differently
because it's an "if" statement or because it's within an "else" clause.

Re: if 'also' else statment William McNicol C Programming 2 01-09-2010 12:30 PM
Re: if 'also' else statment TonyMc C Programming 1 01-08-2010 04:23 PM
PIX route inside statment John Cisco 1 09-27-2005 03:06 AM
Using "For Each ctrl In.." Statment Inside UserControl crjunk ASP .Net 2 09-03-2004 06:23 PM
Return statment JL ASP .Net 2 12-17-2003 10:47 AM

Advertisments