Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A MP3 Player to think about.

A MP3 Player to think about.

Mary Hanna

Transend MP860

http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=

MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC upto
16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.

Features
- 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display
- microSD and microSDHC card expansion slot
- Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music
files
- Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files
- View photos (JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG) and e-book (TXT) files
- Recordable FM Radio with 20 station presets
- Built-in microphone and direct Line-in recording
- Built-in speaker for playback without earphones
- Sing-along with synchronized lyrics display
- 11 equalizer effects, including a customizable USER EQ setting and SRS WOW
HD
- A-B repeat allows continuous replay of a designated section of a track
- Variable track playback speeds allow careful review of recording or music
- Supports 13 languages including menus, song/album title, artist name and
lyrics
(English, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Russian, Spanish,
Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese)
- Custom Playlist Builder for organizing personal music
- Power-saving screen savers and auto-shutoff function
- Internal rechargeable Li-Polymer battery provides over 22 hours of
continuous music playback*
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for easy computer connectivity and fast file transfers
- USB flash drive capabilities for data transfer and storage
- Sleep timer can be set to automatically power-off after 10-180 minutes

* Max. playback time achieved with screen saver is enabled and “Lyrics Sync”is
disabled.

Sweetpea

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

> Transend MP860
>
> http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=
>

> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
>

> Features
> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
player.

BR

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
>
>> Transend MP860
>>
>> http://www.transcendusa.com
>>

>> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
>> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
>>

>> Features
>> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
>> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
>> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
>> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

>Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
>player.

I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
and more, for less than sixty bucks.

Bill.

Mary Hanna

wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
>
>> Transend MP860
>>
>> http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=
>>

>> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
>> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
>>

>> Features
>> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
>> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
>> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
>> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

>Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
>player.

No its Very Very Cheap and its just a music player.

The Samsung T10 4GB are on sale at H N for $199 and these are old..

Mary Hanna

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:27:01 +1300, BR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
>>
>>> Transend MP860
>>>
>>> http://www.transcendusa.com
>>>

>>> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
>>> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
>>>

>>> Features
>>> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
>>> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
>>> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
>>> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

>>Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
>>player.

>I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
>and more, for less than sixty bucks.
>
>Bill.

Model Brand..??

Richard

BR wrote:

> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

The one I looked at and tried couldnt even play tracks gapless -
something even the iPod has had for many years now.

Fred

Strike me pink! Can't even get the grammar right in the subject line.

Sweetpea

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:

> BR wrote:
>

>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.

Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
just work like any other appliance.

Richard

Sweetpea wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:
>
>> BR wrote:
>>

>>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
>>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

>> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
>> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

> If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.
>
> Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
> just work like any other appliance.

Mr trademe seller will be gone in 6-8 weeks when they close up and
reopen under a new name. Plus if you bid on TM there is no CGA protection.

They need software updates because they tend to come with really buggy
stuff.

Mary Hanna

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:59:00 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:
>
>> BR wrote:
>>

>>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
>>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

>> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
>> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

>If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.
>
>Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
>just work like any other appliance.

All the good ones have software upgrades that is very Normal

And from what I have just seen most of the TradeMe MP3 players that I looked
at had 7 or 30 day warranties..

Seems to me they are just Junk..