Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: News outbox

Re: News outbox

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Tony Raven wrote:
> I seem to have got a outgoing Usenet message stuck in the system
> somewhere so that every time I do a Send and Receive I get a pop-up
> telling me:
>
> A news (NNTP) error occurred: posting failed.
>
> Clearing that gives me another box saying the message couldn't be posted
> because the news server failed.
>
> The only problem is AFAIK TB does not have an Outbox where I can go and
> simply delete the problem message and there is no evidence of any
> message existing e.g. there is no Send Later folder. So any ideas as to
> how I can clear the invisible "Outbox" and get rid of this message?
>
> Thanks

I get that a lot, and its usually a problem with the
news server. However, when I look at the newsgroup, I
see the message went anyways, but I don't have a copy
of it in the sent/outbox folder.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm