Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco PIX 515E Configuration

Cisco PIX 515E Configuration

flamer die.spam@hotmail.com

I have a 515E at home, its got a DSL router on its outside interface,
my desktop machine on its inside interface and a webserver on the DMZ.
(security levels 0, 100, 50 respectively)

Its all working fine, I went through the ASDM and enabled all the
security features I could, but i am wondering if it has more security
options that could be configured (Im interested in IDS/IPS and DoS
specifically). Do I need to enable this stuff manually? is it turned
on by default? are there software upgrades with more features?

The Reason I ask is because up until now I have been running a
personal firewal on the desktop as well, I would Like to get rid of it
but I want to be sure I am safe first.

Sh ver
Licensed Features:
Failover: Disabled
VPN-DES: Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled
Maximum Physical Interfaces: 3
Maximum Interfaces: 5
Cut-through Proxy: Enabled
Guards: Enabled
URL-filtering: Enabled
Inside Hosts: Unlimited
Throughput: Unlimited
IKE peers: Unlimited

Also unrelated, is there a "show log" command like on IOS for the PIX?
I can't see any logs anywhere, do I have to use syslog for that?

Flamer.

j D k

515 doesnt have ips/ids module.

You can enable thread detection, connection timeoute etc

what the ios/adsm version you are using

flamer die.spam@hotmail.com

On Jan 19, 11:37*pm, j D k <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 515 doesnt have ips/ids module.
>
> You can enable thread detection, connection timeoute etc
>
> what the ios/adsm version you are using

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)

Compiled on Thu 04-Aug-05 21:40 by morlee

Achilles up 2 hours 9 mins

Hardware: PIX-515E, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz
Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB
BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

Licensed Features:
Failover: Disabled