Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Transparent OLED Display

Transparent OLED Display

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

<http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=10831>

What’s the point? One obvious one: reversible display, viewable from either
side.

Mary Hanna

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:22:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

><http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=10831>
>
>Whats the point? One obvious one: reversible display, viewable from either
>side.

Yes what is the Point OLEDS Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
going to be fitted to Cell Phones as most people upgrade in that time..

OLED keep far far a way from them..

Simon

On Jan 9, 8:39*pm, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes what is the Point OLEDS * Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
> going to be fitted to Cell Phones *as most people upgrade in that time...
>
> OLED keep far far a way from them..

Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
have already been made albeit at an experimental level.

Mary Hanna

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:03:36 -0800 (PST), Simon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jan 9, 8:39*pm, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yes what is the Point OLEDS * Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
>> going to be fitted to Cell Phones *as most people upgrade in that time..
>>
>> OLED keep far far a way from them..

>Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
>generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
>have already been made albeit at an experimental level.

Yes is that a 24/7 uses, or what they think it can do..?

I see that Kodak has dropped them..

Simon

On Jan 10, 6:55*pm, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:03:36 -0800 (PST), Simon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Jan 9, 8:39 pm, Mary Hanna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Yes what is the Point OLEDS Only have a 2 year life span, and they were only
> >> going to be fitted to Cell Phones as most people upgrade in that time...

> >> OLED keep far far a way from them..

> >Reports suggest 5-7 years lifespan on average of the current
> >generation of the technology, but vast improvements to that lifespan
> >have already been made albeit at an experimental level.

> Yes is that a 24/7 *uses, or what they think it can do..?
>
> I see that Kodak *has dropped them..

I think that was 8/hours per day. Until the technology improves, those
who need displays running 24x7 would obviously be better purchasing
LCD/Plasma etc. displays.

Kodak may have dropped OLED technology because they will be brining
out their own alternative. They are very much into creating and
marketing their own IP.

Mitsubishi demo 155" OLED Display Mary Hanna NZ Computing 0 10-11-2009 08:14 AM
OLED Displays noone@nospamyahoo.cnn NZ Computing 1 01-26-2008 02:09 AM
Canon Speculation....OLED Displays? W Digital Photography 2 01-26-2007 08:07 PM
OLED??? dh@. Digital Photography 74 06-12-2006 03:54 AM
OLED displays Daniel NZ Computing 6 05-07-2004 10:24 AM

Advertisments