Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Running dos command batch script

Running dos command batch script

zigzagdna zigzagdna is offline
Junior Member

This is a naive question. I have read that Windows 2003 64 bit does not support dos application which is probably 16bit. I have several batch scripts written using dos commands. I think dos commands are still supported in WIndows 64 but using some 32 bit API or 64bit API, but not 100% sure.
I will be really surprised if batch scripts containing dos commands will stop working on 64 bit WIndows OS.

I do not have a 64bit Windows 2003 r2 OS yet, looking into getting it installed on a vmware server running amd opetron processor.