Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Insert on empty ListView

Insert on empty ListView

DavidC

Does anyone know how to pre-populate a field on a ListView control when the
bound datasource is empty? I can do it in Itemdatabound when there are
already records but the same process does not work when the datasource is
empty. Thanks.
--
David

DavidC

Figured it out. I used PreRender event on control.
--
David

"DavidC" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to pre-populate a field on a ListView control when the
> bound datasource is empty? I can do it in Itemdatabound when there are
> already records but the same process does not work when the datasource is
> empty. Thanks.
> --
> David

Gregory A. Beamer

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWRD?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know how to pre-populate a field on a ListView control
> when the bound datasource is empty? I can do it in Itemdatabound when
> there are already records but the same process does not work when the
> datasource is empty. Thanks.

one option is the empty template.

Peace and Grace,

--