Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 newsgroups?

Windows 7 newsgroups?

Anthony Lisanti

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:27:07 -0600, "Richard"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As the other posters have indicated, there are no, or limited newsgroups for
>Windows 7. However, there are many "forums" at Microsoft Answers. You'll
>need a Live ID in order to post to them. A Live ID doesn't require setting
>up an email account. A complete of list of the available forums can be found
>at:
>
>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>
>There are numerous forums listed as well as instructions on how to sign up.
>
>I hope this helps.

It's a sign of the times. Usenet is yesterday. We have Forums and
other means now. Like Quicken's support forums, an example.

No porn spam, no one telling you your an idiot because you should know
how to do whatever, so on. I had the problem when I tried Ubuntu,
every question I asked on usenet, the same person slammed me, very
little help from anyone, that's why I stay with windows.

Tony

R. C. White

Hi, Ant.

> Not even MVPs?

Not even MVPs!!!

MVPs are most definitely NOT Microsoft employees! We are just users - like
you - who have spent a lot of time in places like these newsgroups trying to
help other computer users. When Microsoft noticed that our answers have
been helpful and correct - more often than not - they gave us the Most
Valuable Professional award. Not for what they might tell us or ask us to
do, but for what we've already done.

And Microsoft doesn't let MVPs tell them what to do, either. :^{

For more on MVPs, wee:
About the MVP Award Program
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/aboutmvp

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Yeahm, I just discovered it on Giganews server. Not too many people
>> > there
>> > yet.

>> Well there is plenty of traffic in there and I have had several problems
>> solved!
>>
>> They just weren't too thrilled with Philip's long list of questions! We
>> are
>> not empolyees of MS you know!

> Not even MVPs?

Ophelia

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Ant.
>
>> Not even MVPs?

> Not even MVPs!!!
>
> MVPs are most definitely NOT Microsoft employees! We are just users -
> like you - who have spent a lot of time in places like these newsgroups
> trying to help other computer users. When Microsoft noticed that our
> answers have been helpful and correct - more often than not - they gave us
> the Most Valuable Professional award. Not for what they might tell us or
> ask us to do, but for what we've already done.

That is really good!! I had never heard of this. Good for you

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Alsenor

I found help here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../ee396321.aspx