Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Native VLAN MISMATCH

Native VLAN MISMATCH

mitra.kama mitra.kama is offline
Junior Member

HI...

i am using two L3 sw at both ends to connect through vlan.
At one end fa6 is used on vlan 9 and at other end fa14 on vlan 7 is used. but
i am getting a notification that :

"NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH : Native VLAN mismatch discovered on Fe 6 (9) , with destination Fe 14 (7)"

pse explain the cause and also suggest me the solution with command.
which command is to run and at which end.

bryanpalacios bryanpalacios is offline
Junior Member
Location: Guatemala

can you provide the configuration for the 2 ports please.

Regards,

donjohnston donjohnston is offline
Member

This is happening because the port on one switch is a member of VLAN 9 and the corresponding port on the other switch is a member of VLAN 7.

The ports should be members of the same VLAN. If you really need them to be in different VLANs, you can either (A) disable CDP on the ports, (B) disable logging or (C) ignore the messages.

Native Vlan Mismatch error Someone Cisco 4 01-21-2008 08:06 PM
Native vlan mismatch wai Cisco 2 09-10-2007 01:13 AM
Native VLAN mismatch on Cisco 2950 bavien@gmail.com Cisco 12 08-13-2007 06:26 PM
native vlan mismatch on 2 2924 switches w/ only 1 vlan defined (same on both switches) avraham shir-el Cisco 4 07-20-2004 08:08 AM
HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan. PS2 gamer Cisco 1 05-28-2004 11:47 AM

Advertisments