Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > xml name spaces

xml name spaces

tshad

In WPF, you have to have the following in your xaml file:

<Window x:Class="SeeThru.Window1"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
Title="SeeThru" Height="300" Width="300"

If you don't have the xmlns lines or you call it anything else, the compiler
will give you an error.

And some of your code will give you errors, such as x:fkey for instance.
These are not actual urls. If you put them in your browser, you will get
"page cannot be found".

What are they for ?

Why a URL that doesn't exist?

You don't have to have your computer connected to run this, so obviously it
is not being checked.

Thanks,

Tom

Patrice

Hi,

As you said yourself this is just a namespace, that is it has the same roles
as those namespaces you are using in your cs or vb code (i.e. to avoid
possible name collisions).

See :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa468565.aspx (understanding XML
namespaces)