Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft Professional Academic Home And Student Personal Work Special Ordinary Edition

Microsoft Professional Academic Home And Student Personal Work Special Ordinary Edition

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Pathetically funny, in a way, to see the way Microsoft keeps multiplying its
licensing options, in a vain effort to fill in the new gaps its customers
keep falling into <http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=3813>.

Has anybody figured out how to keep them straight yet?

Gordon

On 2010-01-06, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> Pathetically funny, in a way, to see the way Microsoft keeps multiplying its
> licensing options, in a vain effort to fill in the new gaps its customers
> keep falling into <http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=3813>.
>
> Has anybody figured out how to keep them straight yet?

Good one of them will be GPL, or is that MPL? MS is only responding to
market forces.