Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3750 stack members

3750 stack members

ccie reports

I have a problem with a Cisco stack with 3 members.
All 3 memebers are catalyst 3750.
Because these stack is currently not in use i will use all of them as
spare in case of one of the other switches of infrastructure will
fail.
I removed a memeber from this stack - as explained at cisco website:
powerde down the member to remove and at master - no switch 3
provision name ...exit...wr mem. This all worked. (Stack cabels were
removed too)

After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master -
and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on.
This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

Is there any solution for this ?
I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but
i didnīt find anything.

I will be glad for an hint how to solve this

best christmas regards and wishes

CR
Cisco Certification Forum
http://CertificationChat.com

Darren Moulding

"ccie reports" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a problem with a Cisco stack with 3 members.
All 3 memebers are catalyst 3750.
Because these stack is currently not in use i will use all of them as
spare in case of one of the other switches of infrastructure will
fail.
I removed a memeber from this stack - as explained at cisco website:
powerde down the member to remove and at master - no switch 3
provision name ...exit...wr mem. This all worked. (Stack cabels were
removed too)

After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master -
and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on.
This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

Is there any solution for this ?
I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but
i didnīt find anything.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...d.shtml#number

Pretty sure that should help.

make

Use show switch, this tells that this switch is number 3. Try, command:
switch 3 renumber 1, wr mem and reload.