Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Create TabPanels from an XML file

Create TabPanels from an XML file

Cal Who

I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an
example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never
showed up. It was simply an Accordian element with a XmlDataSource
specified. Much the same thing I'd like to do with a tab control.

If there are three sections in the XML file each containing a Header and a
Contents element I'd like the TabContainer to show three tabs using that
data.

The ajaxToolkit Accordion has a DataSourceID which can be set equal to a
XmlDataSource and a HeaderTemplate and a ContentTemplate that can get there
data from the Xml data.

Unfortiuonately, the ajaxToolkit TabContainer does not use that model. I
would like to use an XML file to create the data TabPanels, with the
HeaderText and the ContentTemplate data coming from the XML file. Much as
the Accordian example below does it.

I've Googled for sample code but can't find any.

Can you point to some?

Thanks

PS Is that the kind of thing asp:Repeater is used for?
....snip

Alexey Smirnov

On Jan 5, 4:27*pm, " Cal Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an
> example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never
> showed up.

It works... you have to wait a little bit until the message appears

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...103e2000e0c5d#

Cal Who

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jan 5, 4:27 pm, " Cal Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an
> example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never
> showed up.

It works... you have to wait a little bit until the message appears

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...103e2000e0c5d#

I'm still waiting for two of yesterdays and one at about 2AM today.

I wonder if it is my Outlook Express setup or roadrunner.
Maybe I have some kind of filter on.

But that does not explain it either, because those three post do not show in
the listing you pointed me to.

Of course the answer I want more that the answer to the newsreader problem
is the question I asked in those posts.

Thanks for your reply

PS
I've noticed before, when I reply to your post I don't get the angle
brackets added. Have you heard that form anyone else?