Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FreeTextBox Control

FreeTextBox Control

Jennifer Mathews

Is FreeTextBox a curretnly supported control. I ask because after looking into it and
the spell check options for it, it seems like it is an old control that really is not
being updated for FireFox, Chrome, etc. It is a very nice control because it is small
and fast as opposed to other editors. Does anyone have information on it? IESpell
isn't good because of support for only IE and NetSpell only highlights spelling errors
but does not offer spelling suggestions.

Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

"Jennifer Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Is FreeTextBox a curretnly supported control.

Do you mean the control at http://freetextbox.com/?

It is not supported, in the traditional sense, as it is open source, but
it is still an active project. If you need to tweak it, you can buy the
source, as well, for just $49 ($199 to redistribute).

If this is not good enough for you, there are plenty of other rich text
box controls for ASP.NET that you can purchase for a few hundred bucks
max.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Jennifer Mathews

Thanks. That answers that question. I just wonder why a great product like that was
not further developed to easily support spell checkers.