Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > HA/Redundant 2960s

HA/Redundant 2960s

John Mason Jr

I would like to set up my pair of 2960's to connect my servers to a SAN
and avoid an outage if a switch fails.

Each server will have a teamed connection, going to each switch

And the switches will have multiple etherchannel connections to each
other, and be clustered.

Thanks
John

Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto

"John Mason Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hhvgg5$eg1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>I would like to set up my pair of 2960's to connect my servers to a SAN and
>avoid an outage if a switch fails.
>
> Each server will have a teamed connection, going to each switch
>
> And the switches will have multiple etherchannel connections to each
> other, and be clustered.
>

> Thanks
> John

Fine...wish you luck...and you would like to ask...?
btw. clustering on cat2960 isn't related with switch redundancy. it's more
of the switch management feature...

John Mason Jr

On 1/5/2010 9:04 AM, Igor Mamuzic aka Pseto wrote:
> "John Mason Jr"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hhvgg5$eg1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> I would like to set up my pair of 2960's to connect my servers to a SAN and
>> avoid an outage if a switch fails.
>>
>> Each server will have a teamed connection, going to each switch
>>
>> And the switches will have multiple etherchannel connections to each
>> other, and be clustered.
>>

>> Thanks
>> John
>>

> Fine...wish you luck...and you would like to ask...?
> btw. clustering on cat2960 isn't related with switch redundancy. it's more
> of the switch management feature...

My question would be am I going in the right direction, does the setup
make sense, or am I really missing something?

Is there a guide or best practices for setting up this type of
configuration?

Thanks
John

bryanpalacios bryanpalacios is offline
Junior Member
Location: Guatemala

How would you cluster you pair of 2960īs?

donjohnston donjohnston is offline
Member

If you're saying that you will have one NIC in the server going to one switch and the other NIC going to the other switch AND you're going to team them, then you've got a problem. 2960's don't support cross chassis etherchannel. You've got to have 3750's or 6500's to do that.