Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win7 performance index, does not acknowledge nVidia graphics card

Win7 performance index, does not acknowledge nVidia graphics card

Carlos

Tom,
My post was not clear enough, after reading it again.
The scores I mentioned were the target ones for his configuration, with his
graphic card.
So, 5.9 was Ok for the 3D part but 3.9 was rather low for the Desktop part.
Carlos

"Tom" wrote:

> My average is 7.4, I get a 7.8 on graphics. Of course I have a powerhouse
> gaming rig too . I wonder if those scores are as meaningful as the
> numbers try to dictate.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > Gaming graphics score (5.9) is Ok.
> > Desktop graphics score (3.9) is rather low, should be closer to 5.
> > It would be worth while trying Dominic's suggestion about the newest
> > driver.
> > That might improve the lower score.
> > Carlos

> >> Sorry, some misinformation in my OP: this is an HP Dv4t-1400 (first
> >> error). The BIOS setup is, unfortunately, lacking information and
> >> control. There is only the NVIDIA GeForce G 105M with 512MB VRAM
> >> (second error) listed in Device Manager.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your response!

> >> .
> >>

> .

Tom

I have a Radeon 5870x2 setup.
"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:exJqRR$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Desktop Graphics score is primarily the graphics capability to deal
> Aero.
>
> As I stated previously a single report of a score does not mean anything.
> It needs to be compare to other systems with the same graphics to
> determine if it's abnormal.
>
> My wife's system has an Asus Radeon HD 4350 card with a score of only 3.8,
> but this is in the normal range for this card.
>

> On 2010-01-07 15:49, Tom wrote:
>> My average is 7.4, I get a 7.8 on graphics. Of course I have a
>> powerhouse gaming rig too . I wonder if those scores are as
>> meaningful as the numbers try to dictate.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>> Gaming graphics score (5.9) is Ok.
>>> Desktop graphics score (3.9) is rather low, should be closer to 5.
>>> It would be worth while trying Dominic's suggestion about the newest
>>> driver.
>>> That might improve the lower score.
>>> Carlos

Quaoar

On 1/7/2010 1:23 AM, Dominic Payer wrote:
> Have you installed the drivers from
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3945147
> ?
>

> On 07/01/2010 03:01, Quaoar wrote:
>> On 1/5/2010 1:33 AM, Dominic Payer wrote:
>>> The specs for the DV1400
>>> http://www.reviewtime.co.uk/productview-769.html say it has Intel GMA900
>>> graphics.
>>>
>>> The latest drivers for that are at
>>> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...Chipset+Family
>>>

>>> There is not even a Vista driver for it.

>> See my previous post: this is a DV4T-1400 (my first error) with an Name
>> NVIDIA GeForce G 105M with ==>512MB VRAM. Note that the BIOS setup has
>> not options for much of anything.
>>
>> Now, see my previous question.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.

Yes, installed driver that came with the Win7 HP Update, same as
indicated in your link. Note that this oddity was apparent in the Vista
performance indices also.

Thanks.

Bobby Johnson

If this oddity was apparent in Vista, then why would you expect it to be
any different in Win 7?