Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials

me

Looks like XP 64 bit is the red-headed step child again. MSE availably
for XP 32 bit, Vista/Win7 32 & 64 bit only.

Bobby Johnson

Nothing new! Anyone whose been around here for awhile knows that!

On 2010-01-03 10:47, me wrote:
> Looks like XP 64 bit is the red-headed step child again. MSE availably
> for XP 32 bit, Vista/Win7 32& 64 bit only.

Richard Hay

When I click on the download button at
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/ I get a 64 bit download for
Vista and Windows 7 - same download in fact - check the filename.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

--
Richard Hay
http://WindowsObserver.com

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nothing new! Anyone whose been around here for awhile knows that!
>
> On 2010-01-03 10:47, me wrote:
>> Looks like XP 64 bit is the red-headed step child again. MSE availably
>> for XP 32 bit, Vista/Win7 32& 64 bit only.

Richard Hay

Sorry I misread your email - your looking for XP 64 bit.

Rich

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nothing new! Anyone whose been around here for awhile knows that!
>
> On 2010-01-03 10:47, me wrote:
>> Looks like XP 64 bit is the red-headed step child again. MSE availably
>> for XP 32 bit, Vista/Win7 32& 64 bit only.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yup. As has been pointed out repeatedly here, XP x64 is not going to get any
back ported support for new things. There isn't a sufficient installed base
to justify it, and the code base is NOT the same as XP 32-bit, since XP x64
is based on Server 2003, not on XP. If you want the new stuff, move to
Windows 7. (Much better than Vista SP1, IMHO.)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...