Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: FastStone Image Viewer

Re: FastStone Image Viewer

John Corliss

Somebody pretending to be John Corliss wrote:
> John Corliss wrote:
>> (removed the forgery)

The post to which I'm replying is a forgery which I did not send. It was
sent through x-privat.org, with whom I don't have an account. I only
post through Computer Country (an ISP in Oregon) or occasionally,
through my account with Eternal-September.org.

The alt.comp.freeware group is being flooded with forgeries. Keep your
eyes open by checking message headers, specifically looking for
"x-private.org" in the path statement. Better yet (if you can) set your
news reader to flag everything sent through x-privat.org. Note though,
x-privat.org isn't the only service being used to post forgeries to this
group.

--
John Corliss BS206. Using News Proxy, I block all Google Groups posts
due to Googlespam, and as many posts from anonymous remailers (like

No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.

Bear Bottoms

John Corliss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hhpbdj$552$(E-Mail Removed)-
september.org:

> Somebody pretending to be John Corliss wrote:
>> John Corliss wrote:
> >> (removed the forgery)

> The post to which I'm replying is a forgery which I did not send. It was
> sent through x-privat.org, with whom I don't have an account. I only
> post through Computer Country (an ISP in Oregon) or occasionally,
> through my account with Eternal-September.org.
>
> The alt.comp.freeware group is being flooded with forgeries. Keep your
> eyes open by checking message headers, specifically looking for
> "x-private.org" in the path statement. Better yet (if you can) set your
> news reader to flag everything sent through x-privat.org. Note though,
> x-privat.org isn't the only service being used to post forgeries to this
> group.

A forger is posting in this group using my email address in his headers.

Bear Bottoms
Freeware website: http://bearware.info

Keith Nuttle

On 1/3/2010 5:47 AM, Bear Bottoms wrote:
> John Corliss<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hhpbdj$552$(E-Mail Removed)-
> september.org:
>
>> Somebody pretending to be John Corliss wrote:

>> The post to which I'm replying is a forgery which I did not send. It was
>> sent through x-privat.org, with whom I don't have an account. I only
>> post through Computer Country (an ISP in Oregon) or occasionally,
>> through my account with Eternal-September.org.
>>
>> The alt.comp.freeware group is being flooded with forgeries. Keep your
>> eyes open by checking message headers, specifically looking for
>> "x-private.org" in the path statement. Better yet (if you can) set your
>> news reader to flag everything sent through x-privat.org. Note though,
>> x-privat.org isn't the only service being used to post forgeries to this
>> group.
>>

> A forger is posting in this group using my email address in his headers.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

While there are times when there are obvious forgeries posted on the
newsgroups, if you are using your name, sometimes it may not be a forgery.

Several years ago I found I was posting messages that I did not send. It
turns out that the poster was legitimate, and the grandson of my
father's cousin. We have corresponded ever since. My brothers share
the name of several of his cousins.

Bear Bottoms

Keith Nuttle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hhqck3$7pj$(E-Mail Removed):

> On 1/3/2010 5:47 AM, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> John Corliss<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:hhpbdj$552$(E-Mail Removed)- september.org:

>>> The post to which I'm replying is a forgery which I did not send. It
>>> was sent through x-privat.org, with whom I don't have an account. I
>>> only post through Computer Country (an ISP in Oregon) or
>>> occasionally, through my account with Eternal-September.org.
>>>
>>> The alt.comp.freeware group is being flooded with forgeries. Keep
>>> your eyes open by checking message headers, specifically looking for
>>> "x-private.org" in the path statement. Better yet (if you can) set
>>> your news reader to flag everything sent through x-privat.org. Note
>>> though, x-privat.org isn't the only service being used to post
>>> forgeries to this group.
>>>

>> A forger is posting in this group using my email address in his
>> headers.
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> While there are times when there are obvious forgeries posted on the
> newsgroups, if you are using your name, sometimes it may not be a
> forgery.
>
> Several years ago I found I was posting messages that I did not send.
> It turns out that the poster was legitimate, and the grandson of my
> father's cousin. We have corresponded ever since. My brothers share
> the name of several of his cousins.

Well, well. That happens with my family too.