Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DNS entry

DNS entry

mummy_bear67

hi i have a thomson router and a toshiba laptop. i have installed the router
and it says i am connected with full signal strength, but when i try to open
an internet explorer page it says it cannot display the page. i have gone
into internet options and have gone into connection doctor but it says there
is no problem with the connection. i then tried to reinstall the router and
it said to check static DNS entry. can anyone please help? thanks, julie.

James McIllece [MS]

=?Utf-8?B?bXVtbXlfYmVhcjY3?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hi i have a thomson router and a toshiba laptop. i have installed the
> router and it says i am connected with full signal strength, but when
> i try to open an internet explorer page it says it cannot display the
> page. i have gone into internet options and have gone into connection
> doctor but it says there is no problem with the connection. i then
> tried to reinstall the router and it said to check static DNS entry.
> can anyone please help? thanks, julie.

Hi Julie --

Find out the IP addresses of your ISPs DNS servers, then go to the
connection properties for your wireless connection on your computer, and
add the DNS server IP addresses to the connection.

Also ensure that your router is not acting as a DNS server, and use the
command prompt command "ipconfig /all" to verify that your computer is
receiving an IP address from your router. (So keep DHCP enabled but disable
DNS.)

--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.