Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Not helpful...

Not helpful...

nhwf

What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
that many sadistic cops?
http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...zure-11-times/

--
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

philo

nhwf wrote:
> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
> that many sadistic cops?
> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...zure-11-times/

Good old Chicago cops

I recall that when I was in school
we took a bus trip to Chicago to visit the Museum of Science and Industry.

There was a nice traffic jam due to some woman's car being stalled
and everyone was honking at her...but she did not know what to do.

Finally a nice police man showed up and I said to myself:

"Now things are going to get all straightened out."

He walked up to the car and growled at her : "Move it lady!"

When she told him the car had stalled and she could not move it...
he wrote her out a ticket for obstructing traffic

then walked away.

Eventually our bus got past her.

She's probably still there

Aardvark

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
> that many sadistic cops?
> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...ic-seizure-11-

times/

Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to carry
and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
extremis), I've never actually seen one.

--
Las autoridades sanitarias advierten:
Fumar perjudica gravemente su salud

Aardvark

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
>> there that many sadistic cops?
>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...ic-seizure-11-

> times/
>

> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
> carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
> extremis), I've never actually seen one.

BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:

< http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054..._Afghanistan_%
28Complete_Series%29 >

You know how to handle a broken link, mate.

--
Las autoridades sanitarias advierten:
Fumar perjudica gravemente su salud
y la de los que están a su alrededor

Aardvark

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
>> there that many sadistic cops?
>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...ic-seizure-11-

> times/
>

> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
> carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
> extremis), I've never actually seen one.

BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:

< http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054..._Afghanistan_%
28Complete_Series%29 >

You know how to handle a broken link, mate.

--
Las autoridades sanitarias advierten:
Fumar perjudica gravemente su salud
y la de los que están a su alrededor

richard

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, nhwf wrote:

> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
> that many sadistic cops?
> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...zure-11-times/

The taser has become a crutch to the cops. Don't like the attitude? Taser
the SOB. But this cop has a mental problem for sure. If he hasn't been
suspended or fired, he should be.

Once those things are fired, it takes a minute or two to reset them and
this asshole cop does it 11 times? What the hell were the paramedics doing
about it? None of his cop buddies said nothing? The way I see it, the whole
bunch of them should be sued.

If one shot can take a 300 pound man down, why do you even do it a second
time?

I was in florida last year at a motel. Lady cop shows up to evict a guy in
a room near mine. The door is locked from the inside with the keeper
attached. I noticed she had her taser in hand. I just shook my head in
disbelief. Like lady, you got any brains? Oh you're blonde, sorry. To open
the door, the door has to be fully closed first. So that in itself gives
her an edge. But her big buddy comes along to help out. Still has taser in
hand. Totally ignorant cop for sure.

richard

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, nhwf wrote:

> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
> that many sadistic cops?
> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...zure-11-times/

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...-of-Taser-guns

This ruling came a tad late for the above case. But will keep it from being
repeated, we hope.

richard

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>
>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are there
>> that many sadistic cops?
>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...ic-seizure-11-

> times/
>

> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to carry
> and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
> extremis), I've never actually seen one.

http://www.break.com/index/fun-with-taser-guns.html

www.taser.com

First shows the results of being hit with one. You may want to turn the
volume down.
Second is the company that makes most of the them.

nhwf

philo wrote:
> nhwf wrote:
>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
>> there that many sadistic cops?
>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...zure-11-times/
>>

> Good old Chicago cops
>
> I recall that when I was in school
> we took a bus trip to Chicago to visit the Museum of Science and Industry.
>
> There was a nice traffic jam due to some woman's car being stalled
> and everyone was honking at her...but she did not know what to do.
>
> Finally a nice police man showed up and I said to myself:
>
> "Now things are going to get all straightened out."
>
> He walked up to the car and growled at her : "Move it lady!"
>
> When she told him the car had stalled and she could not move it...
> he wrote her out a ticket for obstructing traffic
>
> then walked away.
>
> Eventually our bus got past her.
>

> She's probably still there

They built an overpass just for her...

--
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

§nühw¤£f

Aardvark wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:36:19 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:46:29 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>>
>>> What is it with cops and tasers? Are those things addictive or are
>>> there that many sadistic cops?
>>> http://rawstory.com/2009/01/chicago-...ic-seizure-11-

>> times/
>>

>> Although there are coppers here in the UK certified and qualified to
>> carry and use tasers, and I've heard that they are occasionally used (in
>> extremis), I've never actually seen one.

> BTW download and watch the following. Highly recommended:
>
> < http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4054..._Afghanistan_%
> 28Complete_Series%29 >
>
> You know how to handle a broken link, mate.

I'm pretty sure I can watch it off the Sky1 website...

--
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10