Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Wyzo?

Reply
Thread Tools

Wyzo?

 
 
johnn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2010
Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from Firefox.

Any insights?

_________________________
John
_________________________

"God is dead"
-- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Nietzsche is dead"
-- God
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2010
johnn wrote:
> Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
> I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from Firefox.
>
> Any insights?
>

Is that still alive? I looked at it a while back and saw no real use in
it. Looks like a torrent enhanced FF.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2010
johnn wrote:
> Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
> I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from Firefox.
>
> Any insights?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyzo

--
*IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
help!!!!

Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public

Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2010
John wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> johnn wrote:
>>> Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
>>> I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from
>>> Firefox.
>>>
>>> Any insights?
>>>

>> Is that still alive? I looked at it a while back and saw no real use
>> in it. Looks like a torrent enhanced FF.
>>
>> Lee

> Yes, it's still alive, but like you it's almost a mirror image of
> FireFox. I don't really use it unless I need two browsers up at once
> which is very seldom. I suppose I will be taking it out of my PC
> eventually. Your correct it is torrent enhanced.


For a backup gecko browser on Windows, I would look at KMeleon.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2010
John wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> John wrote:
>>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>> johnn wrote:
>>>>> Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
>>>>> I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from
>>>>> Firefox.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any insights?
>>>>>
>>>> Is that still alive? I looked at it a while back and saw no real use
>>>> in it. Looks like a torrent enhanced FF.
>>>>
>>>> Lee
>>> Yes, it's still alive, but like you it's almost a mirror image of
>>> FireFox. I don't really use it unless I need two browsers up at once
>>> which is very seldom. I suppose I will be taking it out of my PC
>>> eventually. Your correct it is torrent enhanced.

>>
>> For a backup gecko browser on Windows, I would look at KMeleon.
>>
>> Lee

> Leonidas, I just looked at KMeleon as you suggested. As long as it's
> safe, and of my interest, I'll try most anything at least once. However,
> it's only for 32 bit systems. Mine is 64 bit. If it's really good they
> should come out with a 64 bit version. Thanks for the heads up on it.


Most 32 bit apps will rin fine on 64 bit systems.

Try Flock then

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leonidas Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2010
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> John wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>> John wrote:
>>>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>>> johnn wrote:
>>>>>> Whay's with this new WYZO browser?
>>>>>> I installed it, but found there is little (if any) diffference from
>>>>>> Firefox.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any insights?
>>>>>>
>>>>> Is that still alive? I looked at it a while back and saw no real use
>>>>> in it. Looks like a torrent enhanced FF.
>>>>>
>>>>> Lee
>>>> Yes, it's still alive, but like you it's almost a mirror image of
>>>> FireFox. I don't really use it unless I need two browsers up at once
>>>> which is very seldom. I suppose I will be taking it out of my PC
>>>> eventually. Your correct it is torrent enhanced.
>>>
>>> For a backup gecko browser on Windows, I would look at KMeleon.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Leonidas, I just looked at KMeleon as you suggested. As long as it's
>> safe, and of my interest, I'll try most anything at least once. However,
>> it's only for 32 bit systems. Mine is 64 bit. If it's really good they
>> should come out with a 64 bit version. Thanks for the heads up on it.

>
> Most 32 bit apps will rin fine on 64 bit systems.
>
> Try Flock then
>
> Lee


Actually, as a real backup try Opera. Its a non Gecko browser, and may
show issues with Gecko.

Lee
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments