Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Workgroup wireless connection

Workgroup wireless connection

thirdman

Hi

I have a Win 7 laptop and an XP sp3 desktop (LLTD installed) on a common
workgroup connected by router.
When the laptop is connected directly to the router it can see the shared
drives on the desktop, but when it is connected by wireless, it has full
connectivity, but can not access the desktop shares because of login failure.
The desktop is visible in the network map and the laptop shares can be
accessed from the desktop.

I have to say that this has me stumped and any help would be appreciated.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Make sure that the wire is disconnected when you use the Wireless.
Is it possible that the wire and the wireless present different users to the
system?
If it so make sure that both users are allowed.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"thirdman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have a Win 7 laptop and an XP sp3 desktop (LLTD installed) on a common
> workgroup connected by router.
> When the laptop is connected directly to the router it can see the shared
> drives on the desktop, but when it is connected by wireless, it has full
> connectivity, but can not access the desktop shares because of login
> failure.
> The desktop is visible in the network map and the laptop shares can be
> accessed from the desktop.
>
> I have to say that this has me stumped and any help would be appreciated.

thirdman

Thanks for the responses.

The firewall settings and user should be the same as the laptop is
disconnected from the router and the wireless switched on while still logged
in.