Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > almost a BSOD

almost a BSOD

housetrained

Whenever I play a video and transfer music files at the same time I get a
shut down with a note saying "computer has shut down to protect it. Hardware
problem. seek vendor's advice" Trouble is I assembled it. On 32bit it
restarts after the message:
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut d own
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Os Version: 6.1.76002.0.0368.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
8CCode: 101
BCP1: 00000031 _______ ___________
BC P2: 00000000
BCP3: 807C9120
BC P4: 00000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_i
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Min idump\12270946848-01 .dmp
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-116111-0.sysdata.xml

When I try to open the dmp files it says "access denied"
Any help would be appreciated
WIN 7 64bit (and 32bit)

--
John the West Ham fan

<><

Baron

housetrained Inscribed thus:

Get and run "Memtest" <www.memtest.org>

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Paul

housetrained wrote:
> Whenever I play a video and transfer music files at the same time I get
> a shut down with a note saying "computer has shut down to protect it.
> Hardware problem. seek vendor's advice" Trouble is I assembled it. On
> 32bit it restarts after the message:
> Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut d own
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> Os Version: 6.1.76002.0.0368.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional information about the problem:
> 8CCode: 101
> BCP1: 00000031 _______ ___________
> BC P2: 00000000
> BCP3: 807C9120
> BC P4: 00000001
> OS Version: 6_1_7600
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_i
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Min idump\12270946848-01 .dmp
> C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-116111-0.sysdata.xml
>
> When I try to open the dmp files it says "access denied"
> Any help would be appreciated
> WIN 7 64bit (and 32bit)

There is a tiny command line program "dumpchk.exe" that can
read a small .dmp file and give a trace of what happened.
(When I tried this on my collection of .dmp files,
I wouldn't say it was very informative. Still, it gives you
something to do with the .dmp files.)

C:\Windows\Minidump\12270946848-01.dmp

This package is 4.7MB or so. If you unzip the first level, you'll find
cab files. Inside one of the cab files is "dumpchk.exe". I extracted
it with 7ZIP, rather than install the package. dumpchk.exe is only 5KB.

I copy the dumpchk.exe file into the Minidmp folder (that saves
the hassle of updating the PATH environment variable).

Then, open a "Command Prompt" (MSDOS) window, "cd" to the Minidmp folder and try...

dumpchk 12270946848-01.dmp

That should produce a bit of text with a trace of the
calling routines etc.

Paul

BSOD on wireless PC Ian B Wireless Networking 2 12-13-2005 04:05 AM
Aironet 1200 causing BSOD in XP clients! Bob Cisco 1 11-24-2005 03:04 AM
Foxfire BSOD in Win98SE Moshup Trail Firefox 2 03-12-2005 01:30 PM
BSOD part three Bob Computer Support 3 07-06-2003 12:28 PM
BSOD again.......... Bob Computer Support 2 07-04-2003 02:55 AM

Advertisments