Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > T-Bird Slow Loading & Deleting Mail from In-box

T-Bird Slow Loading & Deleting Mail from In-box

Herb

Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)

Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
Windows XP security/other updates.

Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?

All the regular computer maintenance has been done including, defrag,
virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
registry analysis, etc.

Thanx!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Herb wrote:
> Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
>
> Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
> Windows XP security/other updates.
>
> Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
>
> All the regular computer maintenance has been done including, defrag,
> virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
> registry analysis, etc.
>
> Thanx!

compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't
help, then close TB and delete all the *.msf files from
the TB profile. Reopen TB and try that. Any differences?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Herb

On 12/30/2009 11:27 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Herb wrote:
>> Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
>>
>> Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
>> Windows XP security/other updates.
>>
>> Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
>>
>> All the regular computer maintenance has been done including, defrag,
>> virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
>> registry analysis, etc.
>>
>> Thanx!

> compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't help, then close
> TB and delete all the *.msf files from the TB profile. Reopen TB and
> try that. Any differences?

Thank you. I will report back results after I get a few
medium/large-sized emails emails to see how TBird acts.

Herb

On 12/30/2009 12:04 PM, Herb wrote:

> On 12/30/2009 11:27 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Herb wrote:
>>> Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
>>>
>>> Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
>>> Windows XP security/other updates.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
>>>
>>> All the regular computer maintenance has been done including,
>>> defrag, virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache,
>>> system registry analysis, etc.
>>>
>>> Thanx!

>> compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't help, then
>> close TB and delete all the *.msf files from the TB profile. Reopen
>> TB and try that. Any differences?
>>

> Thank you. I will report back results after I get a few
> medium/large-sized emails emails to see how TBird acts.

Much better now -- thanx!

--
Herb @ Mid-Atlantic Weather Station
http://home.comcast.net/~herbwx/index.html